Master Marketor, Dr. Glyn Cartwright, was one of a number of the conference speakers in Belfast recently. This event was titled ‘Big Marketing Meet Up Belfast’ was organised by Mothership Events.
This took place in Belfast’s stylish MAC centre, located in the heart of the Cathedral Quarter, a vibrant hub for the city’s culture and art scene.
The conference attracted around 160 delegates from across Northern Ireland, making it one of the largest marketing events to be held in the province.
The agenda was wide-ranging and topical. The twelve speakers covered many interesting subjects, as varied as: Artificial Intelligence, Marketing football, Sustainability and Consumer behaviour.
Glyn’s talk was entitled ‘In the Pursuit of Excellence – How to never stop growing in your marketing career’. His passion is education and the transfer of knowledge. His presentation focused on these areas. Here is a summary:
‘How to Never Stop Growing in Your Marketing Career’
The marketing landscape is constantly changing, so it's important for marketers to never stop growing and learning. Here are a few suggestions on how to do just that:
- Read industry publications and blogs. This is a great way to stay up-to-date on the latest trends and best practices in marketing.
- Attend conferences and workshops. This is another effective way to network with other marketers and learn from their experiences.
- Take online courses. There are many online courses available that can teach you the latest marketing skills and approaches.
- Experiment with different marketing strategies. Don't be afraid to try new things and see what works best for your business.
- Learn from your mistakes.
- Get feedback from others. Ask your colleagues, clients, and customers for feedback on your marketing efforts. Adapt and grow.
- Set clear goals for yourself. What do you want to achieve in your marketing career?
- Once you know what you want to accomplish, you can start to develop a plan to get there.
- Be proactive. Don't wait for opportunities to come to you. Go out and find them. Attend industry events, network with other marketers, and volunteer for projects that will help you develop your knowledge and skills.
- Be persistent. Don't give up on your dreams. If you want to be a successful marketer, you need to be willing to put in the hard work
By following these suggestions, you can ensure that you're always growing and learning as a marketer. This will help you stay ahead of the competition. It will also help you to achieve your full marketing potential, professionally and personally.
The presentation was a success and discussions among delegates continued throughout the day.
You may also be interested in a recent article on the Worshipful Company of Marketors website at https://www.marketors.org/news/developing-sme-value. This develops these themes in more depth and detail.
You will also find a further link on that page that will allow you to access Dr. Cartwright’s Doctoral Thesis on this topic.
For more information on the Worshipful Company of Marketors visit: