Becoming a member
Why you should become a member
Join a unique community which enables marketing professionals to enrich their lives and careers through fellowship, connections and experiences, together with the opportunity to give back.
Our thriving livery represents some of the leading marketers in London and throughout the UK who share the belief in the power of marketing to deliver economic and social good.
- Connect with and belong to a unique community of marketers from varied and diverse backgrounds.
- Develop your skills and knowledge and be part of an organisation that promotes excellence in our profession.
- Experience special social and business events offering opportunities to deepen existing and build new relationships, often in spectacular venues only available to livery company members.
- Have the opportunity to “give back” to marketing and to wider society with your time, talent and knowledge.
- Experience the pageantry and participate in the history and ancient traditions of the City of London.
The Marketors is a modern, genuinely diverse livery company.
- Our members are recognised marketing academics, marketing and communications professionals from UK and global companies, marketing services businesses, social enterprises and independent consultancies.
- Joining the Worshipful Company of Marketors opens valuable new connections and opportunities.
- Our founding principle is “marketing benefits everyone”. We believe in the power of marketing to delivery economic and social good.
- Our aims reflect what are often referred to as the four ‘C’s’ of Livery:
Initially, people join a livery company as a Freeman (they are “admitted to the Freedom of the Company”).
Once you’ve been admitted as a Freeman, the Company will support your application for the Freedom of the City of London, a great ceremonial occasion which is also a prerequisite to applying to become a Liveryman.
Then, depending then your engagement in the Company and your support for its aims and activities, you will be encouraged to become a full Liveryman member (“clothed in the livery”).
Find out more
To help prospective members gain more insight into the Company and meet fellow marketers, including senior members of the livery, we hold open evenings. These are relaxed and informal evenings where we give you an insight into livery life over a glass of wine or two. We also explain our joining process and describe ways you can become involved.
We are the City Livery Company for marketing professionals and you will meet an amazing cross-section of our industry – all with a shared passion for marketing and a strong focus on “give back”. Not least, you will receive a warm welcome.
To find out a little more about some of our members and their marketing background you can read the following interviews with Chloe Webb, Phil Andrew, Laura Beccaria, Carole Seawert , Annie Brooks and Past Master John Farrell.
We also welcome prospective members to some of our events, which are featured on the Events page of our website; a member of the Membership committee will be happy to introduce you to other Marketors.
If you are interested in attending an open evening or would like to come to one of our events to learn more about our activities and becoming a Marketor, please email Membership Chairman, Annmarie Hanlon at email@example.com
Cost of membership consists of two elements: a one-off joining fee, called a ‘Fine’, and an annual fee known as ‘Quarterage’. Details of the current costs are available from the Chairman of Membership: firstname.lastname@example.org