Apply for Membership
Join a fellowship of marketing professionals who believe in the power of marketing to deliver social and economic growth. Our thriving livery represents some of the leading marketers in the City of London and beyond.
“The Marketors is a modern, genuinely diverse livery company” – Liveryman Tom Tuke-Hastings
- The Company’s membership is drawn from senior marketing professionals and marketing services experts, along with recognised marketing academics
- Our founding principle is “marketing benefits everyone”. We believe in the power of marketing to delivery economic and social good
- Our aims are based on what are referred to as the four ‘C’s’ of Livery which are based on:
- City: Serving the City Civic and upholding livery traditions
- Craft: Marketing practitioner and educational leadership and excellence
- Charity: Improving society through charitable giving and marketing-led outreach
- Fellowship: Supporting, involving and nurturing our members
- Joining the Worshipful Company of Marketors opens valuable new connections and opportunities
- Through collaboration, education and charitable work, our members are driven to give back to the society and make a positive economic and public impact.
Why you should become a member
- To meet and enjoy the fellowship of marketers from varied and diverse backgrounds
- Increase your knowledge and be part of an organisation that promotes excellence in our profession
- Enjoy a varied social and business events programme, held in a wide variety of settings, often in spectacular venues only available to livery company members
- Experience the pageantry and participate in the history and ancient traditions of the City of London
- Give back to marketing and to wider society with your time, talent and knowledge, through deploying your marketing skills in pro bono outreach and mentoring projects, contributing financially to the charitable work of The Marketors’ Trust and supporting our special military affiliate relationships.
“I particularly like tradition and the concepts of historical hierarchy. Marketors gives me a degree of professional safety.” Court Assistant Phil Andrew
“I was at the point where I had done my studies and wanted to join a wider marketing community, interacting with peers outside my own professional services industry. It’s good to get different points of view.” Liveryman Chloe Webb
- A thriving community of professional marketers in London and beyond
- Our members are well-recognised marketing academics and communications professionals from UK and global companies, marketing services businesses, social enterprises and independent consultancies
To find out a little more about some of our members and their marketing background you can read the following interviews with Chloe Webb, Phil Andrew, Laura Beccaria, Carole Seawert , Annie Brooks and Past Master John Farrell.
Types of Membership
- Initially, people join a livery company as a Freeman.
- Once you’ve been admitted as a Freeman, the Company will support your application for the Freedom of the City of London, which is a prerequisite to applying to become a Liveryman.
- Depending then on your desire to progress and level of involvement in the Company you will be encouraged to become a full Liveryman member.
Who can join
- We welcome applications from marketing professionals who can demonstrate they have achieved or are on their way to achieving excellence in marketing and who share our values and aims.
- Our members are passionate about marketing, wish to have a voice on the future of the marketing profession and have a desire to give back to the marketing and broader community.
We welcome all membership enquiries and you don’t need to know a member before considering joining us. For information on membership and details of the application process please email email@example.com and the Chairman of the Membership Committee will respond to you.
If you are at an earlier stage in your marketing career, you may wish to learn more about our Future Marketors programme, which is for those under 30 years of age.
Cost of membership
- Membership costs consist of two elements: a one-off joining fee, called a ‘Fine’, and an annual fee known as ‘Quarterage’.
- Details of our current membership costs are available from the Chairman of Membership: firstname.lastname@example.org
- We offer reduced rates for marketers under 35.
Find out more
To help prospective Members gain more insight into the Company and meet fellow marketers, including senior members of the Livery, we hold open evenings.
Usually, these are relaxed and informal open evenings where we give you an insight into Livery life over a glass of wine or two. We will also explain our joining process and describe ways you can become involved. We are the City Livery Company for marketing professionals and you will meet an amazing cross-section of our industry – all with a shared passion for marketing and a strong focus on give-back. Not least, you will receive a warm welcome.
The next date for an open evenings is Thursday 18th October 6-7pm
We also welcome prospective members to some of our events, which are featured on the Events page of our website; a member of the Membership committee will be happy to introduce you to other Marketors.
If you are interested in attending an open evening or would like to come to one of our events to learn more about our activities and becoming a Marketor, please email Membership Chairman, Ankur Shiv Bhandari at email@example.com