The purpose of our Professional Mentoring Programme is to help talented individuals – especially Marketors and Future Marketors - to develop their marketing careers and decision making skills via our high-level, confidential mentoring service.
WCM’s mentors are chosen to match your career situation – and your aspirations. Hands-on successful leaders can help you from early-year start-ups to hiring your next CMO. And the service is free!
Mentoring can help with all these questions:
- How can I boost my presence within the organisation and marketplace?
- How do I negotiate the corporate ladder?
- Can I do my job more effectively and build my own brand?
- How do I build my skills for future promotion?
- Which contacts can I identify to broaden my industry perspective and expand my circle of influence?
- Can I gain respect via a professional organisation?
- How do I get feedback about my work?
- Can a Mentor provide emotional support and be a sounding board for challenging decisions and presentations?
- Can I find a more interesting and challenging job?
How does it work?
Simply contact the Chairman of our Professional Mentoring Programme, Peter Rosenvinge (firstname.lastname@example.org) for full details.
We’ll listen to your situation and if we can, suggest a Marketor Mentor. If you agree, an initial meeting will discuss your needs and aspirations – and your Mentor will give you some first ideas. You’ll schedule relationship-building mentoring reviews for up to 12 months.
Mentoring University students
One of the developing strands of our Professional Mentoring Programme is working with the University of Greenwich (and potentially in future with other Universities) to mentor students as they embark on their marketing careers.
Our first year in 2021 proved so successful that Greenwich asked us to double the number of Marketor mentors we provide for this coming year. To mentors who took part in this programme it proved one of the most rewarding things they had done.
If you’d like to volunteer for future years please contact the Chairman of the Mentoring Committee, Peter Rosenvinge (email@example.com or 07905 903403).
Mentoring Greenwich’s Enterprise Challenge
We originally worked with Greenwich in 2019 on their Enterprise Challenge – a form of a Dragon’s Den where students get to pitch their business ideas. We continue to provide volunteer mentors for this.
Reverse and mutual mentoring
We are looking to broaden the Marketors’ Mentoring Programme to facilitate ‘Reverse’ or ‘Mutual’ Mentoring, not least to reflect the skills brought by the many younger members recently joining the Company. This aims to:
- Connect two members, both with a passion for marketing and self-development.
- Both parties to garner and acknowledge benefits from this experience i.e. both the mentor and mentee.
- The mentor will be demonstratively more experienced and probably in the latter stages of their exposure to current ‘front line’ day to day activities.
- The mentee will be a less experienced member who is actively involved day to day at the ‘front line’ and is developing their career with exposure to new and innovative business practices. Interested? Please contact the Chairman of the Mentoring Committee, Peter Rosenvinge (firstname.lastname@example.org or 07905 903403) for more information.
Outreach provides charitable and good cause organisations across the UK with “pro bono” marketing consultancy delivered by Outreach volunteers. These Outreach projects can include helping to define and adapt an organisation’s marketing objectives, advising on all aspects of marketing, sharing ‘best practice’ and enabling skill transfers to individuals in the “client” organisation. Outreach projects can include elements of strategic or tactical marketing planning, communications strategies, advising organisations on their own fundraising activities and creating or evolving a brand identity.